Herniated Disk Information Sources

Medline Plus (A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine – National Institutes of Health) published a Health Topic titled “Herniated Disk.”  As seen in the subtitle, a slipped disk is also called “Bulging disk, Compressed disk, Herniated intervertebral disk, Herniated nucleus pulposus, Prolapsed disk, Ruptured disk, Slipped disk.”

The topic summarizes the concept of Herniated Disk, and provides many links to a variety of information sources including overviews of herniated disks as well as specific and related conditions.

A video on the topic of slipped disks (titled as “herniated nucleus puposus” on the page) can be found at this link:


Scroll to Top